Penso is always on the lookout for talented people. If you want to be part of our exciting future, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manufacturing Engineer
The key purpose of this role is to provide support to the Production and Manufacturing functions in Plant Engineering, Process, Quality, Efficiency and Throughput development, you will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Control of Monitoring and Measurement Equipment procedure, as well as the Control of Documents and Control of Records procedure.Key responsibilities will include,
- Maintenance of the Quality Management System in conjunction with the Quality Manager
- Control, development and documentation of production assembly and in house manufacturing processes, including PFMEAs, throughput evaluation, cycle time, operator and station work balancing and efficiency forecasts
- Control and recording of measurement devices
- Support Production / Quality Manager with regard to control of incoming product, (product characteristics, measurement criteria, product quality issues)
- Performing Process Audits and raising concerns / follow up actions
- Monitoring and maintenance of the Penso Control of Documents and Records Procedures
- Analysis and review of production downtime logs, management and execution of action plan with area supervisors and operatives
- Maintenance of all production / manufacturing KPI’s (Product Quality, Efficiency, On Time Delivery)
- Maintain positive input at both operational and statistical levels within the following forums:
- Weekly ECR Meeting
- Daily Part Shortages Meeting
- Fortnightly Process Audits
- Weekly Downtime Review Meeting
- Monthly 5s Audits
- Quarterly Production and Manufacturing Performance Review.
Essential skills include; having relevant experience as a Manufacturing/Production engineer working within a fast paced, forward thinking business, experience in PFMEA’s, control plans and standard operations sheets and a proven track record in problem solving and the development and implementation of new processes within a Production and Manufacturing environment. You will need to be organised and methodical but have a flexible approach to workload and will have experience or knowledge of automotive product quality assurance systems (TS16949, ISO9001, 5S, TPM, KPI’s).
Desirable skills include; holding a HNC qualification or equivalent in Quality / Mechanical engineering or another closely related area.