Penso is always on the lookout for talented people. If you want to be part of our exciting future, please send your CV to email@example.com
- EDM Coordinator
As an EDM coordinator you will liaise with the Vehicle Engineering teams and our customers to ensure the effective and efficient closure of non-Engineering tasks
- Create documentation and records to ensure a consistent and measurable approach to support task management
- Chair daily meetings to ensure that tasks are effectively communicated
- Distribute associated project documentation as required to a designated source
- Create management reports / KPI’s relating to all aspects of the process and be able to communicate these statistics in a team environment
- Presenting weekly status reports to customers
- Liaise with Engineering teams, suppliers and customers to ensure the timely closure of all concerns
- Absorb extra tasks as required by the Engineering Data Management Team
- Pro-actively maintain databases and spreadsheets to ensure visibility and status accuracy for all tasks
- Completion of various support tasks including but not limited to:
- Issue management support and closure coordination
- Design validation requirements management
- Test and Validation task monitoring and support
- Ordering parts and assemblies for Test and Validation
- Coordinating Engineering teams and suppliers to deliver quality targets
- Bill of Material coordination
- Programme gateway coordination
- Component release coordination
- BOM Management – Release Specialist
The BOM Management – Release Specialist is responsible for controlling product documentation processes to ensure the most recent approved documentation is available. He/she is responsible for preparing high quality, detailed product documents to continually support production and engineering; to enter, coordinate, review and maintain engineering changes as well as to provide service to customers with regards to product documentation.
- Ensure product design documentation is received prior to a first product run in the correct format and schedule. Documentation must be available to operations well in advance of the build.
- Manage changes throughout the product life cycle to ensure that there is a robust audit trail between as designed and as manufactured engineering data.
- Lead the development and maintenance of engineering documents and document changes for new and existing products and other controlled documents.
- Critically evaluate engineering change requests for impact and challenge requestors to demonstrate that changes are cost effective and beneficial.
- Produce, update and distribute accurate product documents in a timely manner through the Engineering Change process.
- Receive and enter data from source documents into Sage for engineering bill of material (BoM) configuration control.
- Work with Purchase Team to ensure latest levels of design & their cost are reflected in the electronic BoM
- Compile and report statistics, measurements and records of completed work to management.
- Responsible to manage deviation / concession requests.
- Maintain and track the Change Request process from start to completion.
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency or not related to this classification on occasion.
- Lead Engineer – Design, Trim & Hardware (Seating & Restraints)
The key purpose of this role is to deliver efficient manufacturing engineering solutions for internal and external customers. To provide leadership of design sub-teams and projects.The Lead Engineers are expected to prepare CAD Geometry to deliver manufacturing engineering programs.
Key responsibilities of the role will include the generation of 2D and 3D CAD designs for manufacture of Jigs Fixture, leading the full design administration activity BOM, Family tree, release documentation. Ensuring delivery of completed Jigs & Fixtures, checking fixtures with full documentation
Essential skills include; having a HNC, HND or Degree in a relevant engineering subject. Relevant industry experience in an automotive engineering discipline for example interior trim, plastics, BIW, Seating and Restraints, tooling or mechanisms. (Other experience will be considered dependant on technical knowledge). Advanced CAD skills (Catia V5)
The individual will have a working knowledge of GD&T and DFMEA processes and will have an awareness of launch support and relevant OEM procedures. The Lead engineer will also be expected to liaise with CAE engineers and show a proven track record of successfully delivering projects to a high standard.
Desirable skills include; having hands on engineering experience and knowledge of checking fixtures, Jigs & Fixture Design
- Senior Engineer – Design, Structures (Body Engineering / Composites)
The key purpose of this role is coordinate BIW prototype panel manufacture; ensuring parts are delivered on time to the correct quality standard.
The key responsibilities of the role is to Develop BIW prototype strategy’s for all major panels within budget constraints, liaising with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Stamping and Construction and Dimensional Management (DMA, DMBI).
The right candidate for the role will be the single point of contact at BIW Process chain meetings working to Executive Level. The role will require driving Bill of Materials (BoM) generation and part releasing profile against VPP Timing Plan and Reporting prototype quality and delivery status and to establish prototype budget costs and communicating to Programme Teams, obtaining, interrogating and negotiating quotes with Purchasing from external suppliers and managing those costs with suppliers to achieve budgets within programme cost targets.
Essential skills for this role require detailed knowledge of Composites Material, BIW Design, Quality, tolerances, GD&T and Processes for programme Bill of Material (BOM) using Prototype Manufacturing methods and techniques.