Penso is always on the lookout for talented people. If you want to be part of our exciting future, please send your CV to email@example.com
- Senior Manager – Structures Group
The primary role of the Senior Manager shall be to lead their teams in Consulting / Structures to deliver engineering programs efficiently. Ultimately, she/he should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve the objectives set in the appraisals.Key responsibilities of the role include, monitoring the management and leadership tasks of the subordinated principal engineers, in particular (but not limited to), systematic design reviews, utilisation and workload of staff, recruitment of new staff, skill development, objective setting and the appraisals.You will understand strategic targets, develop and implement measures together with the team and cascade and drive strategic implementation across the teams.
The successful candidate for this role will represent the department with both internal and external customers and communicate regularly with all subordinate staff, passing down and explaining information from the company directors and escalate feedback to higher levels. The role holder will have responsibility for organising and/or contributing to technical evaluation of RFI/Qs from clients, you will lead and guide the team in all structural engineering tasks to support customer deliverables including; CAD development; 2D & 3D CAD designs of structural components, CAE development and models and will ensure they are delivered to Penso (and customer) quality guidelines. You will also be responsible for the sign off of the full design activity; BOM (Bill of Materials), DVP (Design Verification Plan), Family Tree, Release documentation, leading design reviews, offering guidance with idea generation and problem resolution.Essential skills include: having a HNC, HND or Degree in a relevant engineering subject; an understanding of CAD and CAE Literacy and Engineering design knowledge.
The individual will have extensive experience in managing departmental efficiency and staff utilisation, a good understanding of the importance of managing engineering change requests, claim management and budget management. You will have a high commercial awareness and will be entrepreneurial spirit, a strong communicator and have strong team leadership and motivation experience.Desirable skills include: holding a Bachelor or Master degree, ability and awareness of design to manufacturing process, business line management experience with full Profit &Loss responsibility.
- Senior Engineer – Design, Structures (Body Engineering / Composites)
The key purpose of this role is coordinate BIW prototype panel manufacture; ensuring parts are delivered on time to the correct quality standard.The key responsibilities of the role is to Develop BIW prototype strategy’s for all major panels within budget constraints, liaising with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Stamping and Construction and Dimensional Management (DMA, DMBI).The right candidate for the role will be the single point of contact at BIW Process chain meetings working to Executive Level.
The role will require driving Bill of Materials (BoM) generation and part releasing profile against VPP Timing Plan and Reporting prototype quality and delivery status and to establish prototype budget costs and communicating to Programme Teams, obtaining, interrogating and negotiating quotes with Purchasing from external suppliers and managing those costs with suppliers to achieve budgets within programme cost targets.Essential skills for this role require detailed knowledge of Composites Material, BIW Design, Quality, tolerances, GD&T and Processes for programme Bill of Material (BOM) using Prototype Manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Senior Engineer – Composite Analysis, Development & Test
The Key purpose of this role is to generate and manage the generation of accurate simulation data, in order to assist in the design cycles of internal and external customers.Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in preparation of analysis quotations to customers
- Meshing and assembly of FE models to internal or customer-specific model quality guidelines using pre-processing software, including application of suitable material models, loads and boundary conditions
- Using appropriate static and dynamic analysis software packages to solve problems involving linear elastic and non-linear elastic/plastic material models, small and large deformation behaviour, and contact
- Interpreting analysis results using post-processing software and formally documenting analysis methodology, results and conclusions within analysis reports where required
- Presenting analysis results to internal and external customers, providing recommendations on possible design optimisation to save weight and/or improve performance
- Communicating with internal and external customers on a day-to-day basis
- Maintaining analysis and project documentation to satisfy Penso quality management system and customer-specific requirements.
- Delivering analysis projects within quoted timing constraints
- Meeting customer-specific model quality guidelines
- Engineering or Math’s/Physics degree or higher
- NVH or Durability experience
- Relevant simulation experience
- Intermediate knowledge of core FEA codes
- Works with minimal supervision
- Can work under own initiative with limited instruction
- Can lead individuals
- Can manage medium tasks (>8 weeks or >£50k)
- Awareness: Project deliverables, customer processes
- Has a flexible approach to working
- Can represent Penso internally & externally with acceptable professional standards
- Customer Interaction: Project Supporting
- Intermediate skills in at least one core discipline.
- Knowledge of ANSA & Meta
- Software programming ability
- Excellent communication skills.